Become a zipline NZ guide
One of the best jobs around!
Zipline NZ guiding positions currently available
Rotorua Canopy Tours offers two zipline NZ experiences and we currently have a full team but are always interested in hearing from new people keen to join our team.
The role is rewarding, fun and inspiring. You will be creating amazing memories for our customers in an incredibly unique environment while developing your skills in the outdoors.
What we look for in a guide…
- Fun bubbly people that love people!
- Although not essential, outdoors qualifications will be looked on favourably as will other relevant experience playing or working at heights.
- An interest in conservation and native forests.
- A full driver’s licence is essential. Holding full licence for 2 years or P endorsement certified is ideal.
- Current first aid certificate
- Above all else – attitude is everything, bring a great one and you’ll look forward to an exciting career at Canopy Tours.
- Training – induction and ongoing
- Great Pay and awesome benefits
- An amazing place to work
And best of all you will become part of an incredible team!
If this sounds like you, keep reading to hear more prior to getting in touch.
Training – what is involved?
Rotorua Canopy Tour is a unique experience, we run all of our new guides through an intensive 3-week induction training programme. During this time, you will be work through the following modules:
- Driver training
- First Aid
- Customer experience
- Conservation knowledge base training
- Learning the ropes (literally) – safety at heights
- How to conduct Canopy Tours – peer on peer training
We invest heavily in our staff, and even after induction we continue with ongoing training to ensure safety and customer experience are world class.
What about Pay and Benefits?
You can’t attract the best without paying for it and we pay as good, if not better than any tourism company!
As a member of the team you will get to enjoy…
- Special friends and family discounts
- Staff functions 3 times a year – we get to do fun stuff as a team like… Hobbiton, white water rafting, cruising lake Taupo with Chris Jolly…
- Bi – monthly Whanau events – fun team get togethers
- Internally recognised monthly awards
Rotorua Canopy Tours and the environment – where is it and what’s it like?
Rotorua Canopy Tour opened its doors on 7-years ago with just 4 part-time staff. The company has quickly grown in size and has over 60 staff throughout busy periods. Well over 100,000 people have now been a Canopy Tours adventure and the demand just continues to grow. The company has a fantastic reputation in the tourism industry and was awarded the supreme award at the New Zealand Tourism Awards in 2016, plus many others along the way. Rotorua Canopy Tours has been sitting in top spot on TripAdvisor for outdoor things to do in Rotorua for over 5 years!
Our experiences are set in stunning 1st generation native forest. It hasn’t always been the picturesque place it is today. 7 years ago when the company directors, James and Andrew, ventured into the forest it was filled with pests and the canopy was badly damage by possum graze – the forest was silent. Since then, the whole Canopy Tours team and our customers have been working to restore the forest and return it to the way it once was. Today, the forest has repaired, pest numbers are down and most gests on tour get to experience hand feeding wild native birds!
Team and Culture
The Canopy Tours team is vibrant and diverse. Our guides all have varied backgrounds and range in age from 20 to 40 – most being mid 20’s. All of our guides love the outdoors including rock climbing, kayaking, hiking, running and mountain biking fanatics. The team does not only consist of guides – reservations staff, operational managers and the marketing team also play a large role in the success of the business. The common theme throughout the team is – they love the outdoors, support each other and love people and having fun – so you’ll find yourself in good company and make great friends.
So… what now? How to apply
If you think you have what it takes we would love to hear from you!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
include the following: